5 Reasons Why You Should Never Ever Buy An Email List!

Are you thinking about buying an email list? Then think again once more! You might have this great offer coming straight to your inbox, or saw an advertisement on different marketing groups on Facebook, and those attractive deals always seem like an agreement. No, it is definitely not! At least not for the buyer like me or you! In today’s blog, I will try to explain why you should NEVER, I repeat NEVER again, buy an email list from anyone for your marketing campaign!

The quality of the list

One of the strongest reasons why we should not buy email list is that you can’t really trust the people that are selling email lists to you. The reason behind this statement is that they are not a reliable type of people. They might make a commitment with you first, that the list is full of great leads or they can ready to buy your products! Unfortunately, there is a very high chance that it will contain multiple issues, like

  • Invalid email addresses that are either fake or no longer exist 
  • Incomplete information like wrong or mistyped names of contacts of companies.
  • Illegally collected emails addresses from the web.
  • Even if 80% of the email is correct in your list, even the remaining 20% can impact your business badly!

Spam alert

Once you bought this “great deal” email list, be prepared to be identified as a spammer in the whole online world. To understand this statement which I have written above first ask yourself a question. Do you enjoy receiving email list content that you didn’t ask for? I find the answer is no. Therefore don’t expect that anyone from your paid email list will easily convert into the desired customer. Chances are that your recipients will delete your emails, or mark your emails as spam. This will finally destroy your online reputation and email deliverability.

The email service provider will say ‘not likely’!

It has been seen most of email service providers, that you would like to use for your recent email marketing campaigns, do not allow to send to bought email lists. They are taking good care of their reputation, and as soon as they find out – your account will be blocked, while your credits will be terminated.

Your list is not a ‘virgin’!

Believe me, you are not the first buyer of this email list, it’s more likely that you are the hundredth person that bought this email list deal. They might be getting hundreds of emails weekly or even daily, and those messages might be going straight to the recipient spam folder. They are also more likely to report you as spam, and I don’t blame them – they just have enough of it.

Reputation

Each email has an online reputation that can be scored by the senders’ email behaviour in the online web. Therefore it’s so crucial to take great care of it, by looking into who you send emails to. That is why using a bought email list is very risky.

Unused emails of such email list could be also a spam trap. When emails are sent to them, it is a clear indicator is spamming and will end up on a blacklist. Even if your list is free of spam traps, you still might get a high number of bounce backs, and spam complaints. Those two factors will destroy your sender reputation, and make it even harder for your engaged recipients to receive your content.

Good luck with verification…

You might think, that once you have a purchased the email list, you might as well run it through email verifier, so you will get rid of invalid emails, and at last, save your reputation. Wrong again! Email Checker, of course, is one of the trusted email verification service provider. Sure, you will find a couple of verifiers that will allow you to run your list via their app, but that’s just bad! Check how they stand on the privacy of your data

I think the conclusion is quite clear – build your email list in a decent, legal and honest way and it will pay off!